What are cookies and what are they for?
Cookies are small text files sent to your computer or mobile device (mobile phone or tablet) when you visit our website.
Cookies help us collect information about your browsing habits in order to make it easier and more personalized to navigate according to your preferences, in particular by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Session cookies: are temporary cookies, so no record stays on the user's hard disk, remaining only in your browser until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze traffic patterns on the site and identify problems, which allows us to improve the content of the website and its navigation.
- Permanent cookies: these cookies are stored in your browser and are used when you return to our website.
The cookies we have the following purposes:
- Essential cookies – these cookies are necessary for the proper operation of the website, allowing a correct navigation and the functioning of the applications that constitute it.
- Analytical cookies: are those that allow us to perform statistical analysis of how users use the website, allowing us to highlight products or services that may be of interest to users and monitor the performance of the site, knowing which pages are most popular, or to determine why some pages are receiving error messages.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies allow to remember your browsing preferences, so you don't need to reconfigure and customize the website them each time you visit.
- Advertising cookies: are those that allow us to manage in a more efficient way the advertising spaces that exist on the website, being able to analyze your navigation habits and show you advertising related to your navigation profile. They record the user's preferences, who therefore does not need to customize the website in each visit.
Symington Family Estates uses its own cookies, i.e. cookies installed by Symington and third-party cookies that are installed and managed by third parties, so these third parties may have access to the data collected by the cookies.
Below we list the cookies used on our website:
Our first-party / internal cookies include:
resolution - used to optimize the website for the users screen size (width and height)
PHPSESSID - used to identify the user and store its information for our contact form
Third-party / external cookies:
Cloudflare - (https://www.cloudflare.com/) is a website optimizer and accelerator that helps to control the traffic that arrives on the page by filtering invalid accesses, threats and other unwanted requests.
How to Disable Cookies?
Most browsers are configured to accept cookies.
If you wish, you can change this setting in your browser. Disabling cookies may have an impact on your browsing experience and may lead to limited, non-personalized browsing.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your device through your browser options.
If you use several devices (phone, tablet or personal computer) to access our website you should take into account that each browser on each device is set according to your cookie preferences.
For more information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org